The Regulators do not trust the people. Yet the people do not trust the Regulators. Partisans of innovation need to take the right side in this dispute. It’s time for them to state unequivocally that further state laws and regulations around innovation are in general likely to circumscribe it and slow it down, not enhance it. You don’t have to be a believer in free market forces to agree with that.
- Jun 14, ’13 Help ‘Making It in London’ event, 18 September (V&A)
- Feb 10, ’13 Short-termism and conservatism in medical research
- Nov 14, ’12 Letter: Mankind needs to rediscover its hunger for innovation, Financial Times
- Oct 18, ’12 Event: Making it in the 21st-century
- Jun 7, ’12 Event: Symposium on the Big Potatoes Manifesto for Design